Glen D Lpz

Unprofessional Services

On January 27, 2020 I confirmed appointment for February 3, 2020 with Regional Director, Alonso R. in Burbank, CA. He then rescheduled to February 4, 2020 and later to February 8, 2020 due to personal reasons. Met to explain and show drawings of idea, signed disclosures and scheduled earnest deposit for February 13, 2020. Resulting from an unexpected work hour change, I advised Alonso 3 hours prior to our meeting of my intent to reschedule. He then sent me nasty text messages stating in relevant part, "this is the third time I needed to change appointment at the last minute and if I didn't have the deposit just let him know". Further suggesting that I done this twice already and concluded that he will call me back at a later time when he have some time. Several calls to invent help has gone unanswered to date (02-22-20).

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

LuAnne B Uuw

Verified Reviewer

This has been a terrible experience

I contacted InventHelp because I had moved and needed time to find employment. They refused to work with me and told me they would not let me out of my contract. This has put me in a terrible position.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Way they simply refused to work with me
Problems with payment

Preferred solution: I just need time to find employment

RoseMorton
map-marker Leyden, Illinois

InventHelp Stole my idea

Updated by user Sep 15, 2019

The amount of my lost was $10,000.00 dollars for my idea to use? Not $10 dollars

Original review Sep 15, 2019
Call one day told them about my invention idea about a exerise to sit and exerise at the same time. Why I even gave thrm the slogan to use. Iwas mad when a few years later i saw it on TV
Pros:
  • Steal you idea
Cons:
  • Way they stole my invention
Stole my idea

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

Jameal Qgz

Before you disclose your idea / unpatented, you take your drawings and detailed description to the post office. Ask the clerk to ROUND DATE your paperwork.

Place the paperwork in an envelope and address it to yourself. Send it to YOUR house certified letter "restricted delivery." Then when it is delivered to you, you must sign it in front of the mailman.

Put that envelope containing your idea in a safe or safe deposit box till you get your patent issued. That IS the safest way to protect your idea.

Sofya Xev
reply icon Replying to comment of Jameal Qgz

That is called a "poor mans copyright"... And it it is useless.

Do not do that then think your save... your not, at all.

Inna Jnj

So how can I be guaranteed total honesty in not stealing my invention product?

View more comments (2)
steven j Siz

To date InventHelp appears pretty good...

...my question is whether my video (https://www.linkedin.com/in/stevenjakshadmd/detail/recent-activity/shares/) would be helpful in finding investors for a potential infomercial investor?
Uche A

With the bases loaded Tim Kilburn comes in clutch

Originally I walked into Tim Kilburn's office with some doubts as to what invent help could do for me. My mother and I came to see if they could assist us in getting our products manufactured and presented to trade shows with hopes of garnishing some sales. After meeting with Tim on our last meeting he informed me that I qualified under Invent help's Addendum B which allows me to bring to the table the products for which I already had manufactured. This saved me thousands of dollars of re-investment money that would have gone to repositioning and remanufacturing. Thanks to Tim I can now forgo the manufacturing and step to the plate and go from there. This was 5 star service and in my book a Home Run.
Pros:
  • Professional service
Lonnie Qvr

Auto Safety Mat

I paid Inventhelp to help me get in touch with a manufactor to build my prototype .But all they did was the research take my money and give me manufactors that have nothing to do with safety. I will not refer any person to them ever again. They won't do anything at all for you.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Way they stole my invention
  • No safety manufactor
Not as described/ advertised

Preferred solution: Full refund

Invent Help - Invention Service Review

Hi this is a terrible company The only way they can stay alive by taking your money hoping you will not have the money to continue in the idea belongs to them, I went there with the idea of the removable heel for woman's shoes which is in storage right now, I paid $1000 in one week they called me they need 5000 more to move ahead,I already knew it was a scam, this was in 2007. Don't do business with them. I'm not even looking into a lawsuit because it just probably will cost a *** load of money "
Bad quality
map-marker Mobile, Alabama

Invent Help - Review in Professional Services category from Mobile, Alabama

Thank you, I was so glad I read these reviews. I almost wanted to put my new invention out there or should I say investment to invent help. All of your reviews help me thanks again:)
map-marker Glendale, Oregon

Inventhelp com will take your money but will not tell you ALL the NEGATIVE truth!

STOP! Don't invest a single dollar into your invention -- help company you're thinking about using to solicit your so-called great idea until you read this: Invention Home company as well as all of the other invention - help companies will take your money and you will get nothing for it in return! This is a 97% accurate statement! Only 3% of inventions/ideas solicited by these invention - home companies are accepted by manufacturers/private companies. Invention Home told me this. I believed at least one of the two inventions I paid them $6000 to make a product presentation of my inventions and solicit it to potential manufacturers/private companies would have fit within that 3%. WRONG! I foolishly believed my two inventions/ideas would be accepted and produced by a manufacturer or private company. I honestly believed my two products would have sold well in the stores if produced and presented. I believed this because the products I invented were extremely useful and appreciated because I enjoy using it at home as well as my friends, family and neighbors. They all said they agreed with me how useful and beneficial like two products were and they still have and use the prototypes I made and gave each of them. Does this sound familiar to you regarding your inventions/idea? This website indirectly solicits possible customers to lawyers to consider taking on the case for the people who place posts at this website regarding dissatisfaction with a product or service of a company. I think it's a great idea and I hope this website continues it. But, no lawyer can help me nor any of you other inventors out there regarding this problem. These invention - help companies spend thousands of dollars making sure they worded the contract properly which you sign in agreement before you pay them thousands of dollars to create a product description package of your idea/invention and solicit it to so-called hundreds and hundreds of potentially interested manufacturers or private companies. At the end of the year of my two inventions being solicited by Invention Home they told me they had solicited my two inventions to over 400 and 600 various manufacturers/companies related to the idea/invention. How did they come up with that number?! I looked on the Internet for all manufacturers and companies related to my two inventions and only found a handful, worldwide. And when I ask them about those 400 and 600 related manufacturers/companies they would not tell me who they were, as agreed to par the contract/agreement I signed prior to paying them $6000 for soliciting my two inventions. All of these invention -- help companies lead you to believe YOUR INVENTION may indeed be one of the 3% accepted products by a manufacturer or private company by simply telling you that they see some unusual unique ideas/inventions excepted which most people would not think Manufacturers would accept. But, what they don't tell you is the true facts: The only products excepted by manufacturers are those related to the medical industry or some handy dandy tool for home use like the ones you see on info commercials late at night on TV. You never get to see how successful or unsuccessful those handy dandy tool sales are through those late-night info commercials. Invention Home lead me to believe my products just might make it and be accepted by a manufacturer or private company by NOT TRYING to make me realize how slim the chance I or any of us have in getting a manufacturer or private company to purchase our idea/invention. Invention Home receives approximately 2 or three new customers a week continuously, as I was told by them. Which means, obviously, they are taking approximately $6000 a week, $312,000 minimum a year and ONLY 3% of those customers will have their ideas/inventions accepted and used by companies, as I was also told by Invention Home. In other words, 97% of those customers have just lost all of their money, hopes and dreams of having their product become successful and available to others at stores. PLEASE TAKE MY ADVICE, which cost me $6000 to learn about, DO NOT GIVE YOUR MONEY to any of these intervention -- help companies because your product WILL NOT BE EXCEPTED! Unless it is a medical tool or device or something like a 12-in-one screwdriver for home project use! The most practical, simple, direct and immediate way to begin sales of your product is to manufacture it yourself using your money, your hands and your home to build these products. A perfect example I can share with you is what I did with one of my inventions about 15 years ago. I came up with an idea/design to quickly and easily remove scratches on fast food restaurant bathroom mirrors. The concept was simple. To remove scratches from the mirrors which the neighborhood Hispanic gang members love to scratch by signing their name or gang sign on I simply designed a mirror system with a replaceable shield covering/protecting the mirror. So, now the scratches on the mirror could be removed in three minutes time and at a cost of about three dollars. The fast food restaurants really love the idea/design because it meant they don't have to close down the bathroom for a half hour while the mirror companies replace the scratched mirror. Within a 50 mile radius of my home I sold and installed over 150 of these mirror protection systems and brought in over $18,000 in the first four months of business! I also did not spend any money or time in a patent search or patent protection for my product.I believed it was a completely new concept and the big companies would not come after me if they did happen to have something similar to it. I wasn't rich and I was just a private individual trying to make some money on an idea I came up with and could find no one else with anything similar to my idea/invention. And companies/corporations are not going to waste their time and money on one individual selling a few items related to their product. They will simply tell you to stop making it immediately or they will take legal actions against you. That's all that will happen. I did pay my state taxes on profit made from that mirror protection system. If anyone has any questions for me regarding anything here please feel free to respond to my post and I will reply ASAP. DON'T BE A FOOL WITH YOUR MONEY, PRIDE AND HOPE as had happened to me after I foolishly gave Invention Home $6000 of my hard earned money and then realized what a scam these invention -- help companies TRULY ARE! Do it yourself or not at all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not as described/ advertised
Shakeema Got

I’m thankful that information was out there and it’s a shame that some company’s make you think something different while playing on your emotions and robing you of all your hard earn cash karma is real

Guest

please contact me as soon as possible at 201-663-**** i have questions.

Invent-Help...or Like Invent-Tech,..Remember,

I Put in $ 5000 Dollars,..for you to take over my Idea,...

I received Nothing,......I want my Money Returned.

Guest

Interesting. We went to Invent Help today and listened to a very professional sales pitch.

First the book $746 then ONLY $10,000 for the next step...... We are still wondering if this is a scam and do they really do all they say. We have a product patent pending but just do not know how to market it.

I do not believe we will go with them. Like you my husband has made prototypes and given them to friends and neighbors who love them - but then what?

Guest

How would I go about it myself?

Guest

I am super glad I took the few minutes to look up reviews before I submitted my idea. I was a little sceptical before but now after reading this, I am certain.

Thank you for taking the time to share your story. It has helped at least one person from making a mistake. Thank you again.

P.

S.

That mirror thing is a great idea.

Hi,

Just read your review. You mentioned if your idea was in the medical field you have a better chance.

Would you still use invent help if your idea was for the medical field?

Guest

What you said makes a lot of sense. I tried getting a company like Inventhelp to help me before.

I unfortunately am the guy who created the life-like punching bag that so many people are buying and it's sold in Sports Authority right now. I spent many years ago about $3000 for nothing only to find out that there was a class action law suit against the company and if i didnt sign on to the class action I'd get nothing.

I signed on and got 2 payments of $90.00. I think that I'm going to do this on my own.

Thanks

Guest

Hispanic gang signs huh??

Guest

Can your product remove any mirror scratches or just Hispanic gang member etchings?

View more comments (9)
Payson Zlz
map-marker Rochester, New York

Crayon holder

My daughter was about 13 years old. I would buy crayon and she would continuely break them. She came up with a crayon holder. I submitted it and signed a contract. I paid the compnay $6,877.53 for nothing. They sent me a digram book. So I feel I was taken advantage of. This took place 5/25/93 This company talks nice to get your monies. My child still wonder why her invention was not completed. I would like all monies back. If you need proof I have all documents that was sent to me. I was a single parent trying to support the well being of my children.
Bad quality
dwayne l Bol
map-marker Miami, Florida

FRAUD

invention submission corp. is a rip off fraud their business is to make money by charging what ever they can get up front, they " represented" me about 20 years ago i never got any results . one of the things they insisted on is that i choose a name for my invention , which i did , however the name really did'nt lend itself to the product . 3 years after my contract with the company while browsing in a magazine i found my product , my drawings for sale , by the name that i had given it . when i called to inquire why my product was being offered for sale without my knowledge or permission , they denied even knowing who i was.
Guest

I am victim, as well, today my idea is being sold today. I have all papers, diagrams, letters, to support what is true and valid.My idea was stolen.These invention companies should all be closed and never be opened again under another name.

I am so upset because the letter from the Dept of Justice, says I can seek legal recourse for personel damage. Now I hear STATUTES OF LIMITATION. THE LETTER FROM THE DEPT DOES NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT STATUTES OF LIMITATION. to find an attorney on a contigency fee is the toughest thing to find, no one wants to help a poor person!

If we all can go to Washington and get a ban and law into effect. ANY SUGGESTIONS

Guest

I am the one who invented the (CAR SHADES WITH SUCTION CUPS)!!! I had an idea because of the t-tops in my car, and the sun was hot shining down on my forehead.

I saw an ad in the back of a mag. called "INVENTION SUBMISSION CORP".

I call them and talked to a guy and he sent out some papers for me to fill out. It had a place to draw out the design, tell what it is , what it does, who would use it, etc.. After I sent it back, he called me and said he liked the idea and wanted to show it to a group of people to vote on it.

Of coarse I said yeah. A few days later he called and said they liked it and wanted to let another group of people vote on it and he said he needed my permission. Again, I said, "yeah". At this time I really getting excited.

He called about a week later and said every loved it and everything's a go. Then he said, he needed $585 for a patent search. That was a big shock, nothing was ever said about me having to pay any money. that was allot for me at that time.

I just lost my job from an injury. I was on disability. Both me and my wife was disabled from injuries. But I sent him the money.

About two weeks later he called and said, there's nothing else out there, everyone thinks it will be a big seller. While he's talking about how good this idea was, I 'm thinking this will sell millions and millions all over the world. I'm rich! Then he said he needs over $5,825 to get it started.

I told him the circumstances I was in and I didn't have that kind of money right now. We talked for just a minute or two and I reminded him that that idea is still mine and he acknowlege that it was. A few days later I tried to call him because I could raise the money, but couldn't get hold of him. I left messages and he would never call me back.

I called him at least twenty times, still nothing. Four months later I saw them at K-Mart selling for $6 ea.

DO YOU THINK THAT'S A COINCIDENT ??? I DON'T THINK SO!!!

Guest

any one in the state of new jersey been taken by INVENTHELP/ISC to join a class-action against the complany.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-229226

I was taken as well.they did get me a patient but I could have done it for a fraction of what the ripped me off for.they also told me they were in big with alot of manufacturing companies so I called the companies and most told me they don't even deal with them.im onboard for a law suit

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1358158

Julie Pechersky *** Esq., Oxman Law Group - InventHelp Class Action in process - 1-91*-***-****

****************Fraud***************

Advanced Marketing

872 S Milwaukee Abe Ste 165

Libertyville IL 60048

Is a fraud company, they committed me to give my money back, I emailed them and mailed letter saying I need refund they did not give me any response.

SUBJECT: I am asking My REFUND for this.

To

Advanced Marketing

872 S Milwaukee Abe Ste 165

Libertyville IL 60048

Sir/Madam,

I tried this program. I did put flyers are around my area. No body responded to me. I would like my money back.

Please mail a check to my address at:

Thanks,

View more comments (5)
Elena K Hpy

Invent Help Review from Fredericksburg, Virginia

Ernest of Fredericksburg, VA I asked my sister to go online and see what kind of information I could come up with in a patent attorney. When I got home from work the next morning, I talked to her and she said InventHelp. I've seen the commercials and George Foreman, somebody people know and had seen, is onboard with them. I felt I could trust them. So I contacted InventHelp and their representative, Mike, just felt right, and I really appreciate everything he does for me. He got online with me and walked me through the filling out of the paperwork. He's made the experience easy. Their reps were very courteous, professional, willing to help me with my concerns and able to answer any questions I had. Right now, I've already got some drawings of my invention. I'm just waiting on InventHelp's paperwork. There's a packet of information they're gonna send me that I need to fill out and send back to them. I’m waiting for the brochure to be created and approved but understand it’s gonna be a lengthy process. So far, it's been an excellent experience.
Fast order processing
Elena K Hpy

Invent Help Review from Bolingbrook, Illinois

Stefen of Bolingbrook, IL It happened to be the right date, time and window for me to see the George Foreman commercial that promoted the utilization of InventHelp's services and that triggered the concept I was coming with. I also saw the reviews of the company on the Better Business Bureau and on a general web search. None of those came back with any indicator of concern fear or shady/wrong-doings and I gave them a try. I'm in the patenting status. Everything is submitted via patenting trade-off and it's under a third-party individual. It's been a little over a year and a half that we've been into with InventHelp itself. There's also Intramark, the other part, which I will pivot to after the two-year window with InventHelp and that should wrap in June of this year. To this stage, InventHelp has executed a lot of outreach opportunities to companies or developed mechanisms to provide information to companies that seek information on the product I've created. So far, interactions with their reps have been surprisingly above par. The individuals that I originally met with in the office to explore the patenting process/exposure to what it was I was thinking were very forthright and very much on deck with what everybody thought. I went a total of three or four individual sessions with the individuals at the Roswell office and talked to them. They were very open to my questions and were very clear about the parallel patenting process it was going to undertake with the separate patent attorney. They were very forthcoming with the cost affiliated with it and the variety of packages that they offered. I chose to go with the package that was the most expensive for the element of having the prototyping process that I didn't want to have to deal with. I was given timelines and they were very loose. It was easy for me to do as it was driven by my efforts and was a matter of hitting dates and getting it done. Those were my pressures, not theirs. I called them a couple of different times to give them my versions of the information. It went very cleanly. They were very available every time I needed them to be. I couldn't have been more pleased ‘cause I was expecting for the "what if" button to be pushed at any point here where I'd be let down, but that is yet to happen. Overall, the experience has been very pleasant and very open. There was no mischievousness present. It was very much an overt, candid, frank conversation that showed me a very directed path. It went very clearly for me on what my next actions were and what was expected of me in order for the process to go forward.
Good quality
map-marker Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

INVENTHELP

I HAVE BEEN WITH INVENTHELP FOR 2 YEARS NOW AND I HAVE TO SAY THEY HAVE FULFILLED ALL OF THERE PROMISES TO ME. OUR INVENTION IS PATTEN PENDING THANKS TO OUR WONDERFUL PATTEN ATTORNEYTHEY PROVIDED. EVERY TIME I HAVE CALLED THEM THEY ARE VERY QUICK TO RESPOND AND ANSWER ALL OF MY QUESTIONS. I BELEIVE THEY ARE DOING THERE VERY BEST TO FIND A COMPANY FOR MY INVENTION. I WAS TOLD IN THE BEGINING THAT IT TAKES BETWEEN 3 AND 5 YEARS TO GET AN INVENTION TO MARKET. I WAS ALSO INFORMED THAT ONLY 1 PERCENT MAKE IT.IT IS NOT EASY THINKING OF SOMETHING THAT NO ONE ASE HAS THOUGHT OF. INVENTHELP DOES THERE BEST WHEN THEY SEARCH FOR SIMILAR INVENTIONS BUT THEY TOLD US UP FRONT THAT THERE IS NO WAY TO KNOW IF A SIMILAR INVENTION IS ON THE DRAWING BOARD AT THE PATTEN OFFICE ALREADY. EVERYONE THAT CONSIDERS INVENTING ANYTHING NEEDS TO KNOW IT IS A VERY HIGH-RISK INVESTMENT AND IF YOU CANT AFFORD TO LOSE DONT PLAY. GOOD LUCK AND DONT BLAME INVENTHELP IF YOU DONT SUCCEED THEY CAN ONLY DO SO MUCH.

Invent Help Invention Service Review

Hi I'm writing this because someone. Hacked me and wrote a terrible review. I'm grateful to Invent help for considering my invention. So please forgive this intrusion. I choose this company because you're the best thanks again for being patient with me.